post offices and convenience stores sell a variety of
goods. These are a mix of standard and zero rated goods
with a wide range of profit margins applied to them.
An incorrect choice of VAT retail scheme can mean paying
VAT on profits that you have not made.
delivery charges, phone card top-ups, lottery, Paypoint,
video hire, dry cleaning, hot food, plus many other
factors, all affect the VAT payment and make the calculation
do so many retailers get it so wrong?
There are at least eight different schemes to calculate
· Most of the schemes are far too complicated
for retailers to work themselves –
even for most accountants!
· Some of the most commonly used schemes actually
warn that you may overpay
· The most advantageous schemes, used by the
superstores and multiples, are
deemed ‘too complex’ to operate
can save you money
how White Knight can help you:
We use our expert knowledge and software to calculate
all VAT Retail Schemes
find the best for your business
· We have already saved £1,000s for businesses
all over the UK
· We personally collect your paperwork and return
it, usually within just five working
discussing any relevant points at the time
· We are available to assist with VAT control
· You can ask us for help or advice anytime